Saturday 22 July 2023

Easy Peri-Peri Salt Recipe

Just like your favourite chain brand of peri-peri salt, but at a fraction of the price!

I ran out of the peri-peri salt I'd been buying, so being quite a resourceful person, with (I think!) a fairly good palate, I went to the kitchen and tinkered about with the ingredients that were on the jar, comparing the flavour to the last few grains of peri-peri salt I had left...


I had looked online for a peri-peri recipe, but they all seemed to have additional ingredients to what I was trying to create.


Anyway, the short story is that I am very pleased with the results, and hopefully you will be too! Bonus - it will also save you lots of money making your own rather than buying expensive brands!

Also... purely by chance, this amount fits perfectly into your average 70g spice jar! Whaheyyy!

Ingredients

Tbsp measurements are 15ml

  • 2 tbsp fine sea salt*
  • 2 tbsp paprika (sweet, not hot) 
  • 1-2 tsp cayenne pepper*
  • 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
  • 1/2 tsp caster sugar 
  • 1/2 tsp cornflour
  • 1/2 tsp citric acid (powder) - optional, don't worry if you don't have any

Method

1. Mix ingredients together thoroughly.

2. That's it! Enjoy sprinkled on whatever you like - make your own peri-peri fries by sprinkling over to taste and shaking when your fries / chips have just come out of the oven, or try my easy peri-peri cashew nuts recipe!

*Feel free to reduce the salt, or if you want it really spicy, to increase the cayenne pepper (at your peri-peril!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Recipes

If you liked this recipe, you may also like these...