Saturday 12 April 2014

Pulled Pork 'Sandwich' with Smoky Barbecue Sauce and Southern Style Slaw

So this, quite simply, is a delicious consummation between the home-made pulled pork, barbecue sauce, and slaw I've posted, between two pieces of bread, or bun, or roll, or whatever you like to call it...

It's for those who like the details, the numbers, the finished product.

Pulled Pork


Look tempting? Mmmm, it is very tasty - my son actually said, without being asked or prompted "Wow, Mum, I think that's actually the tastiest sandwich I've ever had in my life".

I'm not sure what that says about my sandwich-making, but this is some good shizzle.

Not, perhaps a recipe in itself, but it does give the calorie counters an idea of how much they're putting in their mouths in terms of delicious, smoky, porky naughtiness. Or maybe not so naughty! The rest of you, just go ahead and shovel it in... [calories in square brackets].

Calories, per bun/'sandwich' approximately 309 (if using all my recipes - other products will vary)

You don't need to use all of these recipes, you can just buy your favourite coleslaw and BBQ sauce and impress your friends by finishing off your own pork on the barbecue - or if this has really whet your appetite, you can even buy pre-cooked pork joints for warming through and pulling as well. But obviously, they won't be as tasty... ;)


Ingredients, per bun/'sandwich'
Now don't feel like you have to stick to these weights if you're not counting calories, put as much as you want in - I just put the bun on a plate on the scales, and noted down what each ingredient weighed as I put it in, as I knew some people would want an idea of calories.
1 soft white roll (e.g. Warburton's white sliced roll, 55g) [145]
50g my pulled pork recipe, warmed through (you can do this in the oven, gently, or microwave it, covered) [100]
20g (a rounded dessert spoonful) my smoky barbecue sauce (or to taste) [16]
1 generous heaped tbsp my Southern slaw (40g) [48]

Method
Put other ingredients inside bun, and eat! That's it! OK, well if you're not sure which order, pork on the bottom, sauce on the pork, and slaw on top!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Recipes

If you liked this recipe, you may also like these...