Saturday 15 January 2022

2 Minute Chunky Bueno-Style Bars - Gluten Free!

This could hardly be easier - only two ingredients, and two minutes 'cooking' time!

Quick intro, as I know you just want to get on making the naughties! My daughter bought the choco pillows cereal as a treat for herself (being a teenager, with a salary from a Saturday job - these definitely don't pass the approved healthy breakfast test!!!), and made me try one. I didn't really want to, but I was polite, and when I tried one, I thought how much it reminded me of a Kinder Bueno bar, which I have a soft spot for!



I've tried the gluten free alternative, and it's OK, but tiny, and expensive... and I immediately thought why not melt some nice chocolate, stir these in, and make our own - and...er, whilst I consider it a VERY unhealthy breakfast (not judging, honest!), I think it makes a great treat, and way cheaper than buying the gluten free alternatives! Anyway, I hope you enjoy, I love it - and just think - this version has a whole list of nutrients on the side of the box, so maybe it's healthier too?!

Oh, and currently cost wise, 300g of Choco pillows from Morrisons - £0.99, Galaxy milk chocolate 360g bar at ASDA £3.

So 16.5p for choco pillows, and 67p's worth of chocolate - 74p rounded up for 5 to 6 bars of crispy, crunchy, hazelnut-y, chocolately deliciousness! That would be 12-15p per bar... OMG I am having to go into a witness protection scheme once Kinder and Schar find out I've done this!!!

Anyway, about time coeliacs had a win, and I hope you enjoy it! If I don't post for a while, you know what happened...

 
Ingredients

  • 80g Galaxy milk chocolate bar (GF at time of writing)
  • 50g Morrisons Free From Choco Pillows (with chocolate and hazelnut filling)


Method

1. Break chocolate into chunks and melt until runny (e.g. in microwave in 20 second bursts, stirring gently every 20 seconds should take 1.5 to 2 minutes). Stir in cereal until thoroughly coated.

2. With a couple of spoons, arrange onto a small tray lined with greaseproof paper, into five or six lengths of chocolate bar size (or maybe 8 - 10 if for childrens' treats)! Refrigerate until set. If you want to gift them, you can aways drizzle white or dark chocolate in zig zags over them, but let's face it... once set, these bad boys are going to disappear pretty quickly!

3. Enjoy. In moderation. Best brought up to room temperature if you want a gooier experience and can wait. Ahem...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Recipes

If you liked this recipe, you may also like these...